On-Campus Housing Priority Access
The law requires UCs and CSUs to give foster youth priority for on-campus housing and community colleges are requested to do the same.
- What it means: On-campus housing is limited; you may be entitled to priority access to gain this housing
- Housing during school breaks:
- CSUs that have student housing open during school breaks are required to give first priority to current and former foster youth. UCs are only required to do so for foster youth who are otherwise eligible for a particular campus housing facility.
- CSUs and UCs are required to allow foster youth to remain in housing that is available during academic breaks at no extra charge
- For more info: Read the two bills AB 1393 and AB 1228 that authorized this